My 2nd grader just asked me for help on his math homework. This was somewhat shocking to me since he never asks for help on his math homework. I am sure there was a slightly raised eyebrow on my expression as I walked over to his seat at the table.
What I saw surprised me even more. This is not the kind of problem he should need help with. "Which record is the fourth from the guitar?" And there was a picture of a guitar on the left with five records in a row next to it.
I start to explain, "Well, it looks like you're supposed to mark the fourth record. Start at the guitar and count, first, second, until you get to the fourth one." He was still confused. Did I not explain it well enough? Why doesn't he understand this?
Then a metaphoric light bulb went off over my head, so I asked, "Do you know what a record is?" No mom. That's the problem. "Oh, see those circles. Those are records. Find the fourth circle."
Yeah. Kind of helps to write questions that are pertinent to kids in the 21st century.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I laughed out loud...that is hilaroius!
Post a Comment