Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rice Cereal on the Menu? Or Not

The recommended age to begin feeding your baby solid food is 4 to 6 months.

My own baby just passed her 6 month mark, so today I finally conceded and made the trek to the store to buy rice cereal.

We arrived home, just in time for lunch. I mixed her up a little bit of the cereal, with freshly pumped momma-milk, put on the bib, and started to feed her.

Three bites later, she reached out and dumped the whole bowl -- all over both of us.

And I suddenly remembered why I had waited so long to start feeding her solid food. I wonder how long it will be before I venture a second try. Maybe I'll wait till she can feed herself?

2 comments:

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Oh Carolyn, that is too funny! Hopefully round 2 goes a bit more smoothly!

The Calverts said...

LOL...solid food is SO overrated! Sounds like we belong to the same school of thought on this one... I wait as long as possible before starting solids. Why complicate life?