Saturday, January 10, 2009

Am I Just Doing it Wrong?

My 3-month-old baby had 5 clothing changes today, all because of diaper blow-outs. This is not a singular occurrence either. I have tried different brands of diapers, different ways of fastening the diapers, changing her more often, and everything I can think of. But nearly every bowel movement ends in a clothing change. And that happens several times a day.

You'd think that after five kids I would have figured out the whole diaper thing enough to keep this from happening so much. Perhaps it's a hint for me to buy stock in the stain-removal companies? Or just an indicator of how much my daughter loves to have her clothes changed?

Secretly I am afraid that I just missed that instruction somehow. Was there a "How-to-put-a-disposable-diaper-on-your-baby" class that I missed? Is it because I never took those childbirth classes they offered when I was pregnant?

Or maybe it's just life with a newborn?

Thank goodness I have a washing machine again!

No comments: