Sometimes you think you have taught your kids, and then you realize that somewhere along the line you must have overlooked something. The following are real conversations I have had with my 9-yr-old son in the past month. (I hesitate to post these because of how bad it makes me look.)
First, at the beginning of December, he came home with a spelling list from school. I asked him to tell me what words were on it, and he started reading from the list. After awhile, he paused and said, "I'm not sure how to pronounce this one, but it's spelled C-O-U-G-A-R." I yelped.
(The funniest part about this was that it was literally *days* after we had driven home, elated about BYU's win over Utah, and we assigned each person in our car to shout B - Y - U - COUGARS, and his assignment was COUGARS.)
Then, this past weekend after their last-second win over UCLA, we were all shouting in utter joy and amazement, when he came over, wearing his BYU blue football jersey and "Cougars" cap, and whispered in my ear, "Mom, are we the yellow team or the blue team?"
Maybe it's time to cough up the money and pay for cable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Carolyn, I didn't know you had a blog! I'm happy reading about what you are doing. So I read about your P&P experience. I am in total agreement with you. I liked the most recent movie theater one, but hands down prefer Colin Firth. I love this movie and what's amazing is that John will watch it with me too!! Yes, my life is perfect. :o) Actually, John just really likes laughing at Mr. Collins and Darcy's early lines that slight Elisabeth.-what are you gonna do, my hubby's a guy after all. :o)
Yes. Darrell loves P&P. And Anne of Green Gables.
And I love football.
Maybe that's a whole new blog topic.
Post a Comment