Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why Do I Try?

I actually folded some laundry today. However, I haven't even put it away yet BECAUSE...

While I folded laundry, my 2-yo ate rice in the livingroom. There are now a billion grains of sticky rice all over the carpet -- not even centrally located. And I just vacuumed yesterday. And I'm supposed to be getting ready for all the grandparents to stay here for the weekend.

But we're smiling. 'Cause, you know, in 50 years I'm going to MISS this. I just know that I will be looking around and wondering why there's nobody there to dump rice on my carpets.

So now, do I clean it up, ONE sticky grain at a time? Or do I wait for it to dry and try to vacuum it, taking the chance that it will instead glue itself to the carpet fibers? Or do I go put away the laundry and try to not think about the rice?

3 comments:

tami said...

answer: none of the above. You get a big bowl of ice cream and/or take a long bubble bath and repeat to yourself, "It can wait 'til tomorrow." Because it can...and because you'll be doing it again tomorrow anyway!

(ps..I want to see some more pics of the new babe!)

Carolyn said...

Update:

So what I actually did -- I got the vacuum OUT, and started to use the hose and accessory tools to vacuum up the individual pieces. My daughter saw me and BEGGED me to let her do it instead. Sure! Go for it!

I retreated to my room, came back later and it was all clean. Aaah. Child labor.

Carla Stokes said...

Maybe you can get her to whitewash the fence next. ;)